Dynapower’s Utility-Scale Energy Storage Inverters
Utility-scale energy storage offers a reliable, long-term power source for local, immediate use and helps with grid stabilization and renewables integration. In 2014, the global utility-scale battery capacity was at a mere 214 MW—today it’s at 899 MW and expected to exceed 13,000 MW by 2024.
At Dynapower, we offer two core utility-scale energy storage inverters in our Compact Power Systems® (CPS) product line: the CPS-1500 and CPS-3000. Both systems can be used indoors or outdoors, and both offer efficient energy storage, reliable performance, and cost-effective operation.
- CPS-1500: is a utility-grade, bi-directional, true four-quadrant 1500 kW air-cooled energy storage inverter.
- CPS-3000: is a bi-directional, true four-quadrant, 3000 kW air-cooled energy storage inverter.
The benefits of Dynapower’s systems include:
- Built-in air cooling systems
- Compatibility with grid-tied and micro-grid environments
- Ability to parallel multiple inverters to scale energy storage installations
- Protective/safety features, including AC output breakers, DC disconnect switches, and fire suppression
- Affordability compared to other energy storage systems that require further spending on add-ons
- MV transformers that facilitate easy integration into any battery system
- Outdoor-rated inverters feature durable NEMA 3R containers that allow moving with lift truck
- Easy installation options for placement on gravel and concrete pylons
Dynapower also supplies fully-integrated CPS-i utility-scale energy storage systems. This includes inverters with conditioned battery enclosures, fire suppression systems, and integrated controls.
WHO WORKS WITH US
Before you invest in any energy storage system, it’s important to understand the capabilities it offers. Dynapower’s utility-scale solutions include these features:
Black Start is a patented system for restoring power during a partial or complete power outage without the need for power from external sources, ultimately restoring electrical functions in a timely and orderly fashion. Black Start can restart multiple MPS® units and even distribution networks where the magnetizing currents of the transformer exceed the inverter power ratings.
This Volt/Var function automatically provides voltage support to the grid immediately.
A Hertz-Watt function, F comp offers frequency support to grid automatically immediately.
This patented algorithm helps energy storage and distribution run smoothly. It monitors the stability of the grid to provide an immediate response to any disturbances that occur. For example, it can disconnect the system from the grid once disturbances are identified and shift to backup battery power. This seamless transition keeps the flow of electricity steady for critical applications and also supports 100% UF-mode phase imbalance.
- AC breaker with shunt trip
- DC disconnect
- DC input fuses
- Forced air cooling system
Common Utility-Scale Energy Storage Applications
- Ancillary services, such as frequency regulation, spin reserve services, and voltage control
- Backup power for businesses and critical applications
- Capacity reserve so companies can provide energy as a stand-alone asset
- Demand charge management so energy users can reduce demand during peak hours
- Load shifting, which allows users to analyze charging and discharging patterns to create an optimal schedule
- Renewable energy integration so users have energy when they need it irrespective of direct supply availability
- Transmission and distribution
- Frequency Regulation
Why Dynapower for Utility-Scale Energy Storage?
Dynapower is a leading provider of flexible, reliable, and efficient energy storage systems with over 600MWs installed worldwide. All of our systems include world-wide access to 24/7 technical support, servicing, and preventative maintenance. Our company has been providing high-quality energy storage parts and systems since 1963.
Request a quote today or call (802) 860-7200 to learn more about the benefits of utility-scale energy storage systems. Our team is here to help answer your questions and help you find the right system for your facility’s needs.