DPS®-500 Bi-Directional DC-to-DC Converter for Utility-Scale Solar Plus Storage
DC-Coupled Solar Plus Storage from 500kW to 4MW
The patent-pending DPS®-500 is a new bi-directional 500 kW DC-to-DC Converter designed specifically for interfacing battery energy storage with new and existing 1000V and 1500V central inverter based PV power plants.
The PCS is capable of operating in voltage, current and power control modes with the capability of on-the-fly switching between these modes. Additionally, advanced automatic excess PV energy recapture and time-shift of PV energy may be realized using the DPS®-500 in solar plus storage installations.
Dynapower can supply standalone DPS®-500s or fully integrated solar plus storage systems as part of our DPS®-i500 platform.
Designed to be easily scaled, any combination up to 8 units can be joined to create building blocks up to 4MW of energy storage.
- Patent-pending auto clipping recapture — increases project revenues
- No constraints on voltage — providing you with optimization flexibility
- Parallel up to 8 units together — giving you flexible building blocks
- Integrated fusing and switchgear — saves you money
- Can be paired with any solar inverter — works with your existing equipment and supply chain
BENEFITS OF DC-COUPLED SOLAR PLUS STORAGE
- Lower Installation and Regulatory Costs than AC-Coupled
- Highest Efficiency
- Increased Project Revenues Through Clipping Recapture
- No Interconnection Study Needed
- Qualify for Tax Credits
VALUE STREAMS OF DC-COUPLED SOLAR PLUS STORAGE
- Clipping Recapture — Maximize Value of PV Generated Energy
- Curtailment & Outage —Continuous Uptime
- Low Voltage Harvesting — Make Money on the Edges
- Capacity Firming — Turn Solar Energy into a Dispatchable Asset
- Energy Time Shifting — Utilize Generated PV Energy When Its Value is Highest
- Ramp Rate Control+ — Modulate Power for Continuous Grid Connection
To learn more about the value of a DC-to-DC Converter for Solar Plus Storage applications, download our whitepaper or watch our pre-recorded webinar by clicking the buttons below.
Or to read NREL 2017 report examining the economics of PV installations and energy storage please click here.
DC Input Voltage Range (Battery Port)
DC Input Voltage Range (PV Port)
Maximum Continuous Power Rating
Maximum Continuous Current Rating
- Customer supplied 277V, 1-ph, 60Hz, 1kVA service
- Customer supplied 230V, 1-ph, 50Hz, 1kVA service
Compatible with all batteries.
-25 to +50oC
Forced Air Cooled
Rated Max Elevation
1000m above sea-level without de-rating
Outdoor NEMA 3R
80.5” x 33.5” x 39.4”
DC Disconnection & Protection (PV)
DC Disconnection & Protection (ESS)
Battery Overvoltage Protection
IEC / EN 61000-6-4 ; IEC / EN 61000-6-2 ; CISPR 11 / EN 55011 ; FCC Part 15 Class A ; IEEE Std C37.90.2 ; UL 1741 ; IEC 62109-1 ; IEC 62109-2
Lamps on front panel indicating operation mode & alarm/fault status